Friday, September 21, 2007

Training 9-21-07

Going to Dallas this afternoon to visit a friend. Got out of work at noon to hit the gym before leaving town.

A

Squat
5 x 5 x 205

Bench
3 x 5 x 225
4 x 225
3 x 225

Deadlift
3 x 5 x 225

Pullups
5 x 5 x 15

Decline bench medicine ball twists
3 x 15 x 12

The intensity was there on Squats, and it went well. Next time I'm moving up to 215, but I've got to remember to keep the intensity high, push from the heels and explode out of the "hole."

I'm noticing a trend on Bench. This is the second time in a row I've followed 5 sets of 5 in one workout with 5, 5, 5, 4, 3 in the next. I'll stay at 225 and push through it. Need to really set those shoulders and hips on the bench and push from a stable platform.

Deadlift was good. I felt the work, but form wasn't slipping. I'll move up to 235 next time.

Did 5 full sets of 5 with 15 lbs held between the feet on pullups. I'll move up to 20 lbs next time, and that'll probably be enough to keep me from getting a full 5 sets.

Did some light burnout work with the dumbbells afterwards: back flys, shoulder flys, curls, rows, and seated skull crushers. Now I'm off to pack and head to Dallas!

No comments: