Friday, September 28, 2007

Training 9-28-07

Work was crazy today, and I'll be doing a bit of work on our website tonight and tomorrow. But it's the weekend! Woot!

B

Front Squat
2 x 5 x 175
3 x 5 x 185

Overhead Press
5 x 135
3 x 4 x 135
3 x 135

Bent Over Barbell Row
5 x 5 x 135

Dips
4 x 7 x 40
6 x 40

Swiss Ball Situps
25, 25, 25

Front Squat felt so smooth and easy on the first two sets that I moved up to 185. 185 was more of a challenge -- I tended to lean a bit forward due to the weight on the way up. I'll stay at 185 next time and try to clean that up.

It's hard to believe I only added 5 pounds to Overhead Press. It was so much harder. But I'll stay here and go for more reps next time. On a side note, I've learned that Military Press and Overhead Press are not synonyms -- in Military Press, you must keep your heels together. So I technically do an Overhead Press, since my feet are spread shoulder-width.

Form finally felt good on Bent Over Barbell Row. I'm keeping my index fingers right at the edge of the knurling and pulling to the upper abs. Time to start adding weight -- 145 next time.

And I also finally found a weight that kept me from completing 5 x 7 on dips. Next time I'll move up to 50 lbs and go for 5 x 5.

It's Friday, so I did some "vanity" work after my main workout was over -- 2 x 15 x 150 on seated calf raises, 2 x 20 x 25 (per hand) on dumbbell curls and 2 x 20 x 45 on combination reverse curl/overhead press.

No comments: