Monday, January 14, 2008

Training 1-14-08

Today I tried out a new gym. Since I had to move a couple of weeks ago, my old gym is now about 30 minutes away and I need to find a gym closer to my new place.

When I walked into this gym, I was disappointed. The first floor was all ellipticals and treadmills, and was open to the second floor. The second floor had more treadmills and a tiny little weight area containing a bunch of Hammer Strength machines, dumbbells up to 60 lbs and two Smith Machines. I was wholly unimpressed. I banged out an improvised workout, and walked towards the door, planning never to return.

On my way out, just to be sure, I asked one of the trainers if there was another weight area in the gym. To my surprise, he said that there was a third and fourth floor to the gym. He showed me the way up, and my faith in humanity was restored: the fourth floor contained two Squat Racks and two Power Racks. So I've found my new gym. Hooray!

Unfortunately, I worked out before I discovered the good stuff on the fourth floor. Here's what I did:

Press
5 x 5 x 135

Dumbbell Lunge
5 x 5 x 120

One-arm Dumbbell Row
5 x 60
6 x 60
7 x 60
8 x 60
9 x 60

One-arm Dumbbell Snatch
5 x 40
5 x 50
3 x 5 x 60

I'm glad I haven't regressed on Press, and was mad that I had to do the rest of the stuff instead of my planned Squats, Power Cleans and Barbell Rows. I'll get back to the good stuff on Wednesday morning.

Oh, and the first floor has an indoor pool. Lucas gets to swim laps again!

No comments: