Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Training 1-16-08

Finally, my first full workout in over two weeks! And it showed...

Squat
2 x 255
5 x 235
4 x 235
2 x 5 x 225

Bench Press
3 x 5 x 230
4 x 230
3 x 230

Deadlift
4, 1 x 320

Pullups
11, 8, 6

My (somewhat optimistic) goal was to be able to get 5 sets of 5 with the weight I'd previously achieved before the layoff. That didn't happen. Squats were the worst, possibly because it was early in the morning and they were the first thing I did, and also probably because they're the lift I've been struggling on the most anyway. 230 next time and work back up to it.

I only missed 3 reps on Bench Press, which surprised me after how bad Squats were. stick with 230 and get the 5x5 next time.

Deadlifts were great compared to Squat & Bench! I got 4 good reps, took too long to reset and ended up missing the 5th. I got up from the bar, walked around in a circle, thought to myself "there's no way in hell I'm going to miss reps on all 3 exercises today," went back to the bar and got one last rep. There was about a 20 second break between the 4th and 5th reps, so I listed the 5th rep separately.

Pullups are down from 13, 9, 6 last time, but should climb back up next week. Just gotta get back in the groove on everything.

No comments: