Thursday, October 11, 2007

Training 10-11-07

I've been grumpy lately. Just your standard, low-grade vaguely pissed off at nothing specific. I'm not yet sure what the cure is, but working out always puts me in a better mood. Good times!

Goofing off!

Treadmill jogging
20 minutes (2.2 miles)

One arm dumbbell seated overhead press
3 x 15 x 40 (per arm)

One arm Hammer Strength row
3 x 15 x 45 (per arm)

One arm dumbbell bench press
2 x 13 x 60 (per arm)
11 x 60 (per arm)
20 x 35 (per arm)

One arm lat pull down
15 x 48 (per arm)
3 x 15 x 60 (per arm)

Seated calf raises
20 x 90
2 x 15 x 90

Partial lying pull up (cheating)
10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

Overhead situps
3 x 8 x 60
4 x 60

For Partial lying pull ups, you lay on the floor under a bar or a broomstick with your body horizontal and with just your fingers partially around the bar, then pull your body up by closing your fist. I cheated by only pulling my upper body up, using my butt as the lever point on the floor instead of my heels. It was still tough. See a video of the exercise here.

I used my new lifting straps to try some spinal decompression hangs after the workout, but I couldn't hang for much longer than 45 seconds. I probably shouldn't have done all that grip work right before trying the hangs. I'll try again after my next workout.

Pretty much just decided to mess around and do stuff I wouldn't do normally. Lots of one-armed upper body stuff (alternating: L, R, L, R, etc.), but only calf raises for the legs. I wanted to avoid Squats or anything similar, to let my knees rest.

No comments: