Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Training 10-2-07

Work didn't smell like feces today! Woot for small victories!

A

Squat
5 x 5 x 225

Bench Press
3 x 5 x 225
4 x 225
3 x 225

Deadlift
3 x 5 x 255

Pullups (overhand grip)
5 x 5 x 25

Hanging Leg Raises (legs straight)
10, 10, 10

Squat was ok, but not great. I put too much weight on my toes and my hips came up faster than my shoulders on a few reps. I'll stay at 225 next time and try to keep the weight back on my heels and avoid bending forward at the hips.

Time to lose the ego and admit that I need to deload on Bench Press. A 10% deload would put me at 200 lbs next time, and then I'll work up from there.

Deadlift was a bit weird. I was in the squat rack instead of my usual place, and racked the bar on hooks at mid-thigh instead of placing it on the floor. It felt like my grip was failing before my glutes and hamstrings were feeling the strain. I'll stay at 255 next time and see if I can keep the grip solid.

And a full 5 sets of 5 with 25 lbs added on pullups! Now we'll see if I can replicate the feat with an underhanded grip.

No comments: