Thursday, October 18, 2007

Training 10-18-07

I read an article about The Odyssey Years, a newly defined (and actually fairly new) life stage which I am currently experiencing. It was an interesting read, and served as a kind of reassuring validation that I'm not a weirdo or a crazy person for not having yet completely figured out what I want to do or who I want to be. One thing I think I know: I want lifting and physical fitness to be a part of my life from here on out.

A

Squat
5 x 5 x 225

Bench Press
5 x 5 x 210

Deadlift
3 x 5 x 265

Pullups (underhand)
5 x 5 x 30

Decline Bench Overhead Situps
5 x 7 x 60

Squat form was better than last time, but I felt like I still could've gotten more out of it. I think I gave up on the form before I should've, and I had a sticking point on the way up, about where my thighs were parallel with the floor. Next time I'll work on strict form and pushing straight up through that sticking point.

A bit of wrist discomfort on the right side with Bench Press, but not too bad. On the last 2 sets, I focused on going down slow and pushing up as fast as possible, and that made it harder. 215 next time.

Still rounding my lower back a little bit on Deadlifts. I should do some hamstring and hip stretches on my off days, as that might help me get low while keeping my back straight.

Almost didn't get the last rep on weighted pullups, but I got there. Moving up to 35 lbs next time!

No comments: