Thursday, October 25, 2007

Training 10-25-07

I've agreed to go to a haunted house with a friend tonight. I'm not sure what to think -- I scare easily in movies but can handle more gross/gory stuff in real life than most. I'm not quite sure where this experience will fall along the real life/movie spectrum, and I haven't been to a haunted house since I was in middle school. This should be interesting.

B

Front Squat
5 x 5 x 205

Overhead Press
3 x 5 x 130
2 x 4 x 130

Bent Over Barbell Row
3 x 5 x 165
4 x 165
5 x 165

Dips
5 x 5 x 70

Seated Cable Crunches
4 x 5 x 96
15 x 60

Spinal Decompression Hangs
2 x 30 sec
5 x 20 sec

Front Squat from was ok. Really need to focus on staying back over my hips and pushing from the heels. I bent forward on 3-4 reps, so 205 again next time and fix it.

The narrower grip and squeezing the glutes makes Overhead Press much better. I'm about back to where I was before hurting myself, and I think I'll be able to progress pretty quickly. Hopefully a full 5 sets with 130 next time!

Form is best on Bent Over Barbell Row when I really focus on pulling with the shoulder blades from the bottom of the movement. 165 until I can do that consistently.

Dips felt strong. I had to struggle a bit for that 5th rep on the 4th and 5th sets, but I got it so I'm up to 75 lbs next time.

Seated Cable Crunches are where you sit backwards on the Lat Pull-down machine, hold the bar behind your neck and pull down with your toso like a sit-up. They're a good exercise because you have to pull hard all the way through the motion, as opposed to a sit-up, where the movement gets easier towards the top because you're moving the weight vertically instead of horizontally. I need to strengthen my core to help out with Squats, so I should do these more often.

Couldn't hang as long on Spinal Decompression Hangs. Disappointing. I'll just keep at it, though, and it should improve.

No comments: