Monday, October 8, 2007

Training 10-8-07

This week is a light week/rest week. I've done 4 hard weeks and my body needs the rest. Hopefully this week will give me a chance to get back to 100% and I'll be able to go hard for the next 8 weeks afterwards.

A (light)

Squat
5 x 10 x 115

Bench Press
5 x 10 x 115

Deadlift
3 x 10 x 135

Pullups
8, 8, 8, 7, 7

Decline bench situps (weighted)
5 x 10 x 35

With light weight and higher reps, I really focused on moving smoothly through the entire range of motion for the exercise.

The warmup for Squats felt much like it did on Friday. Really stiff and even painful on the first warmup set with just the bar. It got sorted out pretty quickly, though, and I got nice and deep on the light work sets.

Bench Press and Deadlift were pretty much what was to be expected. Light weight, easy reps, focusing on form and full range of motion.

I elected to go with just bodyweight pullups instead of lat pull-downs. Pullups are a more demanding exercise, so I'll stick with those over lat pull-downs whenever possible.

I need to start training my abs just like any other muscle. I've been doing easy sets with high reps, but I need to start adding weight progressively just like on any other exercise.

No comments: