Monday, October 22, 2007

Training 10-22-07

I'm writing this from my parents' house, using their old school dail-up internet connection. I might as well be writing on a typewriter by candlelight!

B

Front Squat
5 x 5 x 195

Overhead Press
5 x 5 x 125

Bent Over Barbell Row
3 x 5 x 165
2 x 4 x 165

Dips
3 x 5 x 70
2 x 4 x 70

Overall, today was ok but my focus was a bit lacking. I can blame it on working out in a strange place under weird time constraints, but really I should be able to focus and work hard no matter the situation.

Front Squats were solid -- I only broke form twice and that was a concentration issue rather than a physical stress issue. I should move up to 200 or 205 next time.

Overhead Press was right at my limit. My rest was a little short, and I barely got the last rep of the last set fully extended. I'll try 130 next time. The form was good and I only felt the knot in my back once, after the 4th set. No place to do spinal decompression hangs, but I'll resume those when I get back to my regular gym.

Bent Over Barbell Row is still tough on the form. I need to bring somebody with me to the gym next time so I can have them watch what I'm doing.

I used a dip machine for dips. Basically it's a dip belt attached to a pulley that's connected to the weight stack. It was only in increments of 10, so I used 70 lbs of resistance. My dip belt should be waiting for me at home, so I think I'll use it to try 70 lbs again on Thursday.

No ab work or jogging today. Mom, who had been walking on the treadmill, was waiting for me to finish, and I need to get on the road so I can get home before it gets too dark.

No comments: