Monday, October 15, 2007

Training 10-15-07

I got excited for this workout this afternoon. Maybe I'm weird, but the thought of hitting the heavy weights again (well, heavy for me, at least) got me really pumped up and happy.

A

Squat
5 x 5 x 225

Bench Press
5 x 5 x 205

Deadlift
3 x 5 x 265

Pullups (overhand)
5 x 5 x 30

Turkish Get-ups
4 x 3 x 30 (per side, alternating)

I worked my rear off on Squats. Form broke down and I ended up doing a bit of a good morning on about 1 rep per set. I think it's just some rust from the off week. The knees felt good. 225 again next time!

I need to focus on gripping the bar hard on Bench Press. Don't worry about getting the bar close to my wrists -- just grab it comfortably, squeeze the hell out of it and push. I'm going to move up slowly -- 210 next time.

I actually set the bar down on the ground between reps on Deadlift, as I read you're supposed to. It made it harder! I barely managed to keep my back straight, so I'll do at least one more workout at 265 to get the hang of it before moving up.

I got all 5 reps on each set with 30 lbs on weighted pullups, but I just BARELY got my chin over the bar on the last rep of the last 2 sets. 30 lbs underhand tomorrow.

I like the Turkish Get-ups. Doing them in the Karate studio was clutch -- the floor is padded in there and much easier on the knees. Next time, I'll try for 5 sets of 3 with 30 lbs, then I'll work up to 5 sets of 5. Once I've got that, I'll start adding weight.

No comments: