Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Training 10-23-07

Back at home today. Back to work, too, which is unfortunate. But the weather's turned cool -- 40 degrees at sunrise tomorrow! It's a nice change of pace, but I know that after a week or two of this I'll be ready for summer again.

A

Squat
5 x 235
2 x 235 (fail on 3)
3 x 5 x 225

Bench Press
5 x 5 x 215

Deadlift
3 x 5 x 265

Pullups (overhand)
2 x 5 x 35
3 x 4 x 35

Weighted Decline Situps
4 x 10 x 35 (plate on chest)

The ego got impatient with my Squat advancement and decided to try 235. First set was actually pretty good. I like the lower bar placement on my shoulders, and keeping my feet a bit closer together and making sure I break with my hips (hips move first, not knees) helps on form. I think I'll try 235 again next time.

Bench Press was solid, but my right wrist (been bad for a while), shoulder (tweaked it yesterday when stretching, I think) and elbow (stuck between bad wrist and bad shoulder) all ached a bit. If my shoulder feels better next time, move up to 220.

Deadlift form felt better today, but I don't want to rush it. 265 again next time. On the plus side, I felt like I got a lot of work in and it was the best Deadlift session I've had thus far.

Using the dip belt for Pullups was good. I didn't have to worry about holding a dumbbell between my feet -- I could just pull! 35 lbs underhand next time.

No comments: